Pahrump Community Library ~ MASKS ARE NOW REQUIRED ~
Reopening Guidelines – Phase One
July 28, 2020 - Revised October 1, 2020
Pahrump Community Library actively provides for the educational, informational, recreational, and cultural needs of the residents of Pahrump and surrounding communities by selecting, acquiring, organizing, preserving, and making available our materials and services. The Library has created a sense of community by providing a welcoming, inviting, and secure environment for our public and staff. As always, our top priority is the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, patrons, and the community.
The Library is a gathering center for the entire community; we must be respectful and responsible for the health concerns of the community. We will practice social distancing, which is defined as avoiding mass gathering and maintaining a distance of six feet from others.
While our building has been closed, library staff has quickly developed innovative ways to continue to deliver library services remotely. Nevada libraries have all expanded digital resource offerings, continued to serve the patrons online and by telephone, made Wi-Fi accessible in our parking lots.
And like every other industry, Nevada’s libraries are focused on what comes next. Developing re-opening plans that align with public health directives and guidelines to protect the health and well-being of library employees and the public is of utmost importance. Libraries are high-contact, busy places. Step by step and thoughtfully re-opening stages are developing in order to safely provide service while supporting continued progress in reducing the spread of COVID-19. Like other businesses, our re-opening plans will have flexibility to augment opening of facilities or condense as needed.
- Amend hours of public operation.
- Open to the public 10am–5pm, Monday - Thursday, 10am-4pm Friday & Saturday.
- Limiting the number of patrons in the building.
- Numbers will be handed out after the first 25 people are in the building.
- In and Out services, setting time limits.
- Regularly disinfecting surfaces, maintain social distancing, and use personal protective equipment.
- Close common areas.
Patron Capacity Limits:
- Limit the number of patrons in the building at one time. (25 people)
- Check-in and Check out materials. (IN-N-OUT SERVICE)
- Encourage patron holds for fast pickups.
- Curbside pickup once a week. In the back parking lot.
- No Interlibrary Loans.
- No loitering.
- Prioritize access based on critical services, printing, copy, and fax services.
- No Notary Service
- Computer – removal of computers for social distancing, and limiting time usage to 60 minutes, for critical services.
- Continued Wi-Fi expansion into parking lots.
- Promote online resources, e-book, e-audiobooks, databases, and children’s school resources.
- Cancelling, postponing, and rescheduling nonessential program events.
- Virtual programming.
- Removal of all toys, puzzles, games, from children’s areas.
Cleaning and Disinfecting:
- Cleaning surfaces and door handles continuous during the day.
- More frequent janitorial cleaning.
- Computer stations cleaned after each patron.
- Staff cleaning and disinfecting during hours closed to the public.
- Quarantine of items 3-4 days for books, donations, and lost and found items.
Social Distancing Signage:
- Social distancing of six feet from others.
- Limit the number of people within designated areas.
- Meeting Room and story room closed.
- One chair per table, the rest of the chairs will be removed.
- No loitering.
- No outside food/drink.
Staff/Patron Health and Safety:
- Establish hygiene protocols
- Staff will wear a mask or face shields and gloves.
- Barriers at all service desks.
- Patrons must follow the distancing and time limit rules.
- Adequate time/staff to perform cleaning practices.
Phase Two – Same restrictions as phase one, but expanding the number of patrons at one time and increase the computer. usage. Study rooms open for tutoring (limit capacity).
Phase Three – Services may be fully restored with some exceptions, (to be determined).