PCL Study Room Policy
Pahrump Community Library
Study Room Use Policy
Pahrump Community Library provides study rooms to serve the needs of the Library and the community. Use of the study rooms is governed by the policy established by the Library Board of Trustees and any applicable rules or regulations adopted by the Library. The Library Director, as the executor of the policy for the Board of Trustees, has discretion in determining what use is “in the best interest of the Library” and is authorized to act accordingly, including limiting the use of the study rooms by individuals whose activities interfere with Library operations, adversely affect public safety, or cause public disturbances.
The primary purpose of the study rooms is to provide space for small groups to meet and work.
There are four (4) study rooms designed to accommodate up to 4 or 6 people, by room size. These rooms may be reserved for free with a valid Pahrump Community Library card. You may book a study room online or book a study room at the Reference Desk. Study rooms will be locked when not in use.
The study rooms of the Pahrump Community Library will be available Monday through Thursday 9 a.m.
to 5:30 p.m. and Friday and Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
1. Reservations are required to use a study room. Study room use must begin within 10 minutes of the reservation start time or the reservation may be forfeited.
2. To ensure equitable use of the library facilities, the library reserves the right to limit usage to no more than three (3) hours per week, for individuals or groups, across all rooms.
3. Rooms may be reserved up to 6 months in advance.
4. Use must not exceed the maximum occupancy for the study room.
5. Individuals and small groups whose purposes are limited to civic, cultural, or educational objectives may use the study room.
6. For-profit use is permitted under limited circumstance consistent with the Library’s objective of providing a suitable learning environment for research, study and reading. One example of an approved for-profit use is a paid tutor.
The following uses are expressly prohibited in the Library study rooms: buying, selling, advertising, or exchanging products or services for cash (except for paid tutor).
Adopted by the Pahrump Community Library Board of Trustees 3/12/18,reviewed 4/12/21